Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Day in Our Sandals

For those who don't already know...


Andrew's stomping grounds- good old Ross U.


fields of sugar cane and Mount Liamuiga - the inactive Kittitian volcano


Around town~




A Kittitian surprise: Most of the women here wear the sassiest, fanciest shoes. This store is a diamond in the ruff - a tiny closet with all the sauciest heels, flats and sandals you've ever laid your eyes on.






Suzette at the grocery store

Hmmm, what can I make for dinners this week with eggplant, zucchini, and ginger?

I guess it won't be apple pie...


I teach a writing and a knitting class at the little elementary school on campus. Here we are in the rain after creative writing



And while I write, this is what I get to see


Blooming gloriola lilies


Our nest






Every day we get the gift of water and waves

and nightly walks at sunset.